Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Bobbi Brown Hydrating Face Cream


This nourishing cream replenishes skin with the moisture it loses daily. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Face Cream is formulated with Algae Extract, a hydrating botanical, and Kukui Nut Oil, a natural extract that effectively softens skin and prepares it for smooth, seamless makeup application. Dermatologist-tested.

Ingredients: Water (aqua purificata) purified, Caprylic/capric triglyceride, Glycerin, Isostearyl neopentanoate, Stearic acid, Hydrogenated vegetable oil, Dimethicone, Cetyl alcohol, Dea-cetyl phosphate, Lime (citrus aurantifolia) juice, Tocopheryl acetate, Aloe vera (aloe barbadensis) gel, Lemon (citrus limonum) juice powder, Sodium pca, Sodium hyaluronate, Retinyl palmitate, Magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, Tocopherol, Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, Stearyl alcohol, Disodium edta, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, FD&C yellow no. 5 (CI 19140), FD&C red no. 4 (CI 14700).
I have been told time and time again, whenever I pick up my foundation, that I should really try the skin care because the whole line is really geared toward sensitive skin . . . blah, blah, blah! What a SUCKER I was! Even despite my better judgement upon trying this product at the counter, and smelling it, I purchased it.

I tried this Hydrating Face Cream about 6 months ago for about three weeks. I really wanted this moisturizer to work for me because I love Bobbi Brown's foundation and face powders. I thought that since I haven't had any problems with the her cosmetics, maybe the skin care would work for me as well. For $50 a pop you think it would be the best thing ever.

Sadly, I really didn't take to it. The cream although really rich, was more like a paste. This product really didn't have a long lasting effect of my skin. I had to re-apply to feel "moisturized" and because the consistency was so thick, I just ended up feeling really greasy. In the end, it really didn't help to soothe my skin. As far as actually being allergic to it, I did have a slight reaction to it with little itches and some breakouts on my chin and forehead.

The Smell : (I think "The Smell" should get its own section in all my reviews now.)
It smells - that is what the problem is! Ha ha. I really don't like anything with a strong scent to it and this was just as strong as anything Este` Lauder would have made. No good for people with sensitive skin. No good for me.

Unfortunately, I bought this at a department store that didn't really have too great of a return policy. So, I ended up giving it to my mom. Background on Mom: She is in her early 60's with really fair, combination skin, no sensitivity, hardly any wrinkles. She loved it and has recently switched to over to the Bobbi Brown Extra SPF 25 Tinted Moisturizer.

Bottom Line: On ME: I wanted to make it work but it just didn't impress me. It was heavy without being soothing or really moisturizing - just greasy. Allergy result: After three weeks, it made me breakout with acne and little itchy patches on my forehead and chin. I don't know exactly what is was but the strong scent in the product didn't help either. On my MOM: Keep in mind, she has perfect skin with not an ounce sensitivity to department store skin care products and she LOVED it. I have to admit her skin does look better now. ***shrugging my shoulders***

No comments:

Post a Comment