Saturday, August 1, 2009

Boots Expert Sensitive Gentle Smoothing Scrub Sensitive Review

Sensitive skin needs extra care especially when exfoliating. This hypoallergenic scrub is formulated with smoothing beads, mineral water and aloe vera. It gently polishes to reveal smoother, softer and revitalized skin. Fragrance-free. Lanolin-free. Soap-free. Dermatologically tested.

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Butylene Glycol, Polyethylene, Polysorbate 20, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Aqua Mineralis (Mineral Water), Methylparaben, Propylene Glycol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract

Okay so, I picked this up at Target because the sales consultant at Sephora recommended this brand to me after a long conversation about whose skin was more sensitive (I won LOL!) I really need a good scrub because of my dry skin and eczema, my skin gets really flaky. If you know of a great one for sensitive skin let me know because sadly, I am still on the hunt for one.

This Sensitive Gentle Smoothing Scrub is sensitive, not so gentle, and not the most smoothing scrub. The consistency is like a clear thin gel base that is a little too runny for my taste. It has "gentle smoothing beads." The beads themselves are actually pretty big and rough. It's not the finest milled scrub that you would think "gentle" would consist of which is really disappointing. I have used this scrub 2 to 3 times a week for about three weeks and I really have to make sure that I do not put too much pressure on my face when I use this. It's just to rough of a scrub for my delicate skin. Honestly for sensitive skin, my Esthetician (who I rarely ever see) really does not recommend a scrub all together but who can afford a facial every 2 to 3 weeks just to exfoliate? Not me, so I scrub. Two and a half weeks and my just doesn't have the "glow" that I am looking for. My flaky patches are still flaky and my skin is actually a little more red than what we started off with.

The Allergy Factor: Aside from the mediocre and pretty disappointing results, I was really pleased with the fact that I am not allergic to this product. That was one thing that Boots really delivered with this scrub. I can probably use this every night just based on the non-allergy part. Alas, the too rough scrubbing beads just kind of scratch my skin which has made it red - not in a glowy, rosy kind of way but in a irritated, scratchy way :( BOO!

The Smell: There is none! Another great thing about this scrub's sensitive factor in this product that Boots gets points for.

Bottom Line: No allergies. No scent. No gentle. I like the fact that this scrub is really gentle as far as it's minimal, sensitive ingredients and the fact that it is fragrance-free, but the scrubbing beads are way too rough for my liking. For a drugstore product at more than $5, I just expected more. I just didn't get any real results from this product to recommend it, so I'm gonna say scrub at your own risk. On second thought, a simple scrub with organic Aloe Gel or Cetaphil and Sugar or Salt will probably do you better.




No comments:

Post a Comment