Friday, July 31, 2009

Boots Expert Sensitive Gentle Eye Make-up Removal Lotion Sensitive Review

Sensitive skin needs extra care especially around the eyes, that's why this hypoallergenic lotion with aloe vera softens as it works. Free from fragrance and lanolin, it has a blend of light oils to gently sweep away even waterproof make-up.

Dermatologically tested.

Ingredients: Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Isopropyl Palmitate, Cocos Nucifera Oil (Coconut), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf

Normally, I would use Cetaphil during my more sensitized days or the Derma E Eyebright Make Up Remover but I came across this brand at Target. The entire line was pretty cheap even by Target standards (about $5 a bottle) so I decided to give this Boots Expert Sensitive Gentle Eye Make-up Removal Lotion a try. Um . . . I was really disappointed by the product to say the least. A lot of other oil based eye make up removers that I have tried in the past actually aren't as greasy as this product is. It really didn't do much for removing anything. It really just smeared the makeup all over around my eyes and when I tries to rinse it off it just felt like a greasy mess. Now, I have been noticing little white heads around my eyes from too much oil build up. YUCK!!!!

The Allergy Factor: Aside from the product not delivering any great results, I have to say that I have not had any allergic reactions to it.
***UPDATE***8-2-09 I actually am allergic to this product after using this product for four days, my eyes are now red itchy and swollen. The reaction was a slow build up. For the first couple of days, no reaction. Then, yesterday I noticed a little itching after I used this product and today the allergies are full blown. Itchy swollen eye lids!!!!! ahhhh!!! I am so mad! On my way to take a Benadryl. F'ing Boots you're not sensitive or gentle!


The Smell: There is none which is great. Too bad that is about the only thing I like about it.

The Bottom Line: No allergies. ***UPDATE: Allergic reaction development. See above update***No scent. No recommendation. No good. I really didn't have much to say about this product because I really didn't like it at all. It just didn't do its job - period, end of discussion. In fact, I may try to return it tomorrow and get my $5 worth of something good. BOO!



No comments:

Post a Comment