Thursday, July 16, 2009

I am obsessed with MAC Eyeshadows! Sensitive Review

My makeup obsession started in Junior High School when my mom bought me my first Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey. It was the perfect natural berry stain and it was mine . . . all mine. Since then, I've gone though the really ridiculous dark lipstick phase and the "I wear so much makeup, you could peel it off me and wear it as a mask" look.

The whole time my skin has been on this roller coaster of allergic reactions. My face would itch, swell, peel, and flake so much so that I would have to moisturize all day long. I knew I was sensitive but let's face it, at that age I just didn't care!

Now I have no choice but to be very selective about what I put on my skin. With eczema, adult acne, scarring, allergies and some major dryness, I am really self conscious about my skin. So I am going to start to post a review on anything and everything that I use on my skin. Hopefully there is someone out there who's skin and self confidence will benefit from a little sensitive skin wisdom.

I have tried every brand available to me and with some brands some colors irritate me and some don't. Just to name a few: Shiseido, Clinique, Urban Decay, Stila, Perscriptives, Dior, and Cargo are ones that I have had allergic reactions to some but not all of their products. Lamcome and Estee Lauder have major irritants in their products so I have learned to just not go there!

First on my list of great products for sensitive skin . . . MAC Eye Shadows!

I really cannot say enough about their eye shadows. For the most part, I have had great sensitive skin results with them (strictly and specifically the eye shadows.) I wear a number of these shades, matte as well as shimmer shades, everyday without any irritation. I am so thankful that my skin just happens to be compatible with this brand's eye shadows . With their vast range of colors and finishes, I really don't miss out on all the make up fun! I have recently started buying the palettes. I am so excited and so obsessed with my collection nowadays. It's sick - seriously! I am just happy that I can wear these great colors and not be afraid of having itchy, watery, puffy eyes!

Some of my faves are:
Brule
This shade is the first one I put on over my base all over my eyes just to even out whatever color (redness or darkness) there might be.

Retrospeck
This is the perfect shimmery highlight shade to brighten up the inner corners of my eyes and highlight just beneath my brows.

All That Glitters
This warm shimmery nude shade is a great neutral that I use on my lids. A quick wash of this just kind of warms up the color of my lids. On a really easy make-up day, this and some simple black eye liner and I'm done!

Beautiful Iris
I am obsessed with this shade for the summer. I wear this on my lids as a light wash of color to keep it simple during the day. For a night time look, I like to wear this on my lid, Knight Divine or Print in my crease, and some smokey black eyeliner with Carbon, and loads and loads of black mascara. LOVE this color!
Shale
Shale looks like it would be an obvious purple but it's not. I use this on my lid and it just has a slight purple hue to it. It is almost neutral. I like to wear this with my brown/neutral shades just to mix things up a tiny bit.
Tilt
This is my new favorite! My sister gave this to me because she already had this in her collection. She loved the color so much she accidentally bought two. I am so glad. Before I got this, I was to scared to wear color. This color is what really got me going on wearing brights and colors instead of my everyday neutral eye. It is a totally wearable blue shade that has a silver hue to it. I love this on the lid with Knight Divine in the crease and Contrast(navy) as a liner. Just a simple smokey blue/gray eye.
Soba
Soba is my go to for a really neutral eye. I wear this right in the crease for a little definition.
Soft Brown
This is a new fave in my collection. I use this in my crease when I am going for a peachy clean look. When I'm doing my red lipped pin up look, I use Shroom on my lid and this perfect simple shade to define my crease with. Just throw on some dramatic black liner and that's it! This shade is also great for blending your darker crease colors to your highlight for a seamless effect.

Tempting
Tempting has been my faves for years, probably since High School (that is long time.) It is a golden brown, highly shimmery shade. I use this in my crease. It is also really great for smoking out your brown or black liner for a smokey day time look. It has shimmer and a hint of gold that catches the light and really softens those lines for a simply put together look.

Print
This medium grey shade works with my neutrals, browns, blues, purples . . . oh just about anything! This is a must have. It is so versatile - light handed, it's great for lids, in the crease, it's the perfect grey eye, and as a liner - so smokey. I Love Love Love!
Knight Divine
Knight Divine is a blue toned shimmery dark grey. This is the shade I go to when Print just doesn't have enough umph and shimmer. This is the perfect shade for a very sexy smokey eye!
Mystery
The go to dark brown for everyone. Perfect for extra definition in the crease and as a liner. I have brown/black hair so I use this with a little bit of cork to define my brows.

Carbon
The blackest black shadow. I use this over my cream or liquid liner to smoke it out or for extra staying power. Cannot live without this!

Note: So far, their eyeshadow are the only thing I buy without worry from this line. I do have to tell you, I try and stay away from their bases, i.e. MAC Creme Colour Base, Paints, and Paint Pots because I have had allergic reactions to them. I do wear some of their lipsticks but have mixed reactions to specific colors and formulas but that's another story.

Bottom Line: I am obsessed with MAC eye shadows because they have a great range of beautiful, versatile colors that I am NOT allergic to.

No comments:

Post a Comment