Tuesday, July 14, 2009

NeilMed Sinus Rinse Kit


Don't let allergies and chronic sinus issues ruin your day. Use the Sinus Rinse kit, a physician developed, complete saline nasal rinse kit. The Sinus Rinse kit helps to alleviate allergies, chronic sinus disease, and other nasal irritation from things like occupational dust, smog, and smoke. Super easy to use and travel with, too. Pre-measured packets take the guesswork out of preparing the solution and keep things clean. Plus, the smooth flow bottle empties 100% in the upright position. The kit includes the rinse bottle with cap and tube, 50 packets of saline powder, and a helpful educational pamphlet. Preservative and latex free, pH balanced, and no burning or stinging.

This description of the NeilMed Sinus Rinse Kit really does not tell you exactly how you're going to rinse your sinus, does it? Ha Ha!

Well, let me first start off by saying, this stuff really works! My allergies are a hundred times better. I have really severe allergies to everything nature and chemical allergies as well. I have long suffered from runny noses, bloody noses, sore throats from post nasal dripping, and just about everything you could think of! At one point I took a Sudafed everyday for my sinus headaches. This product has been a god send! The Rinse helps to flush out all the dust, pollen and everything else that causes those allergies. My headaches hardly ever make an appearance and I sleep so much better since I've been using this. Now that I have said my piece . . .

The process is as follows:
  1. You fill your water bottle to fill line with warm water. Remember: not hot, warm!
  2. Take your little pack of solution and pour it into the bottle.
  3. Shake it around gently to mix.
  4. Blow your nose gently to get all that extra gunk out - eww!
  5. Now, your going to take the bottle, put the tip of the bottle up to your nostril and . . .
  6. Squeeze the water into your nose . . . yes into your nostril up your nose!
What is going to happen?

The water will go up your nose and out through either your other nostril or if you are really stuffed up, your mouth, clearing out your sinuses. Make sure you breathe through your mouth while the the water is flushing through.

Yikes! This all sounds like an awkward and disgusting process. Believe me, I know! The first time I did this I thought, "Ugh! Are my mocos/boogies/snot really coming out my mouth!" Yeah! they are and it's gonna be pretty gross and its gonna be pretty salty. But after, you will feel sooooo much better!

If you do it right, you should not feel like you got water up your nose like in a pool. Some people say they feel a slight sting. This is not the case with me. I usually do a whole bottle to each side when I am really stuffed up. I use this rinse daily , once during the morning and once before bed. Beware: You might experience some nose water/snot leakage minutes after you are done with the rinse. I think this happens because not everything gets flushed out right away and what ever is left over really loosens up after a couple of minutes. Drip. Drip. So, until you know how you will react to it, keep a tissue handy.

Bottom Line: I cannot live without this product. Without it I would be a sneezing, nose rubbing mess! Although the process may be a bit weird to get used to, it really helps with clearing your sinus. It is natural and doesn't require a prescription. I say everything is worth a try for the luxury of actually being able to breath! Ahh, Sniff! Sniff!

No comments:

Post a Comment