Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Bobbi Brown Moisture Rich Foundation SPF 15


Bobbi's popular moisturizing formula provides SPF 15 sun protection while it hydrates skin and delivers a soft, beautiful finish. The formula is buildable, allowing medium to full coverage as desired. For Normal to Dry skin types.
WARNING: This sensitive review probably contains way too much info. What can I say? I talk a lot.

I love Bobbi Brown's make up. I have been using this specific foundation for about a year. Bobbi's color range in foundations and concealers is the absolute best. They are yellow based which is perfect for my Asian skin with olive undertones. I have to say the coverage is pretty sheer and isn't the absolute best that I've tried, but it really is buildable in a natural way. The consistency of the actual product is thin - not watery but thin. It goes on really smooth and spreads pretty easily and doesn't need too much blending.

The Routine: First, I apply a thin layer all over my face with my clean fingers. Your fingers are the best and cheapest tools you will ever have. Plus, I think there is something about the warmth that comes from your hands that kind of warms up the foundation and make it blend in better. Then, I go over the areas that need more coverage, like around my nose and on my chin and forehead. Then, I go over my blemishes or scars with concealer (also with my fingers ) and a light dusting of sheer finish loose powder with a kabuki brush all over the face to set the look. This process takes more time than say a thicker foundation that will have more coverage off the bat, but in the end my makeup looks so much more natural - not cakey and I don't have a ton of makeup where I don't really need it like on my cheeks and nose.

Touching Up: I find that I do need a touch up in the middle of the day. I touch up with my little Face Touch Up Stick (see previous posted review) stick just on my scars and blemish spots. After, I will do another super light dusting of powder over the spots that have been touched up and on my T-zone. If I am going out at night I always wash my face and reapply for a super fresh face but if I really have no time a touch up will still look really natural with this stuff.

The Allergy Factor: For the most part I have not really had any allergic reactions to the make up part of her line. However, I am really allergic to her skin care line (see previous post.) Now, this specific product is a foundation with SPF in it. I noticed that I tend to have allergic reactions to products when SPF is automatically put into make up products, it just irritates my skin. I don't know exactly what it is but I have a theory.

In general, I am allergic to chemical sunscreens. I noticed this after years of having what I thought was a sunburn all over my body every single time I went out in the sun, until I put sunblock on and stayed in doors all day. I still had the same rash or reaction. Natural physical sunblocks with ingredients such as titanium dioxide and zinc oxide (minerals) physically block suns rays. Chemical sunscreen on the other hand actually absorb the rays and partially convert it into energy, which leaves free radicals on your skin or so I am told. So it is probably a chemical sunscreen is this foundation that slightly irritates my skin. It isn't the worst type of irritation - it causes some slight drying, but nothing that some extra rich soothing moisturizer can't fix. Don't get me wrong though, obviously I wound rather use a foundation that does not irritate my skin at all, but pickings are slim. Ha ha ha! But at the end of the day this foundation really does not irritate my skin enough for me to discontinue my use of this product.

The Smell: The scent in this product is super light almost nothing and that make me really happy!

Bottom line: Light scent gets a 4 out of 5 (1 worst - 5 best) The Coverage gets a 4 out of 5. I have been using this stuff for about a year but I think I am going back to using Bobbi Brown's Luminous Moisturizing Foundation because the SPF irritates my skin just a bit in this product. Other than that, I have no complaints. This makeup line really is good natural looking stuff.




No comments:

Post a Comment