Thursday, July 23, 2009

Laura Mercier Moisturizing Foundation


Laura Mercier Moisturizing Foundation is a highly pigmented foundation especially formulated for drier or more mature skin & hydrates the skin with added moisture.

  • Allows for truly buildable coverage, from a very sheer, weightless, "no makeup" look to more complete coverage
  • Hydrates skin, softening & easing fine, dry lines
  • Stays colour true and wears evenly
  • Vitamins A, C & E act as antioxidants to protect the skin from harmful effects in the environment

I have tried many foundations that claim to be hypoallergenic and have really been disappointed over and over again by the outcome - acne breakouts, itchy, flaky, red, irritated skin. As a result of all these disappointments, I am really weary about what I put in my skin. I really look into all the reviews and skin test it on my arm before I even put the product in my face.

I have heard really great things about this foundation so I decided to give it a try myself. Laura Mercier's Moisturizing foundation has really, really surprised me in a good way! I have been wearing this foundation for about three weeks now. I have not had any irritation from this product, even during my last allergy episode where my skin was flaky and cracked. No itchies and no breakouts to report. I have not noticed any drying either. In fact this foundation is really great at not settling into my dry patches and lines!

The Smell: This product has a very light pretty smell to it. It doesn't bother me at all. It's so light that I forget it has a scent :)

So this product really does everything it says its going to do. The formula is kind of watery for a foundation. I guess this is why it wears so light and natural. I really don't feel like I have a make-up mask on. Like I said, it really does hide my lines and dryness. If I do have shine it actually keeps it at bay all day. The coverage is really buildable and masks any scars and redness in my skin but still looks really natural. I have to say, the color stays true even through the current LA summer heat. Which brings us to the reason that I probably will not buy this product again.

The foundation colors in this line are really and truly limited and very disappointing! Even the woman behind the counter admits that Laura's colors are "not great" and "limiting." At first I thought maybe the consultant matched my skin wrong, so I went back to exchange it for a different color twice. Turns out the first color was the best they could do for my skin tone (I have a light to medium skin tome with olive and yellow undertones.) The color that I brought home was a shade too light with a pink undertone. It does not match my skin at all. I can wear it but I put this on really lightly and have to wear a lot more bronzer to get it to match the rest of my skin. So so sad! I just cannot bring myself to keep wearing it when I have to work so hard to make it work.

Bottom Line: I have not had any allergic reactions to this product. I love the formula and its buildable coverage. It applies easily and wears really smooth and natural but the colors suck a**!
Overall, I do highly recommend this foundation. Maybe you'll one of lucky ones and find a color in Laura Mercier's line that actually works for you. Unfortunately I didn't. This is definitely going to be a Return due to poor color selection.
Boo :(

No comments:

Post a Comment