Friday, July 24, 2009

Avene Hydrance Optimale Rich Hydrating Cream


Hydrance Optimale Rich Hydrating Cream has a gentle, creamy texture that provides ultimate skin comfort and immediate soothing benefits. With its original balance restored, the skin regains a softer, smoother, more supple feel and a radiant appearance.

The Avene Dermatological Hydrotherapy Center in France, has treated sensitive skin and other skin disorders for over two centuries. Based on the soothing properties of Avene thermals spring water, proven effective by numerous scientific studies, Avene Dermatological Laboratories created a complete range of dermo - cosmetic products to care for sensitive skin.

Tested on sensitive skin by dermatologists. Hypoallergenic and non - comedogenic.

Ingredients:Water (aqua), Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Glycerin, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Cyclomethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Carthamus Tinctoria (Safflower) Seed Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit, Cetearyl Glucoside, Benzoic Acid, Beta Sitosterol, BHT, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (parfum), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Laureth 7, Phenoxyethanol, Poloxamer 188, Polyacrylamide, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Sodium Hydroxide, Xanthan Gum

I got this moisturizer in a little under three weeks ago. I really wanted to see if I could find something that works just as good if not better than my usual Anne Marie Borlind ZZ Sensitive Day Cream. Unfortunately, I was not impressed with this one.

I was really excited about all the positive sensitive skin reviews on this product that was supposed to be really healing, so I ordered it. I patiently waited and needed some much anticipated moisture (I was in the middle of a major allergy/skin attack - as previously posted.) I first tried this cream on the inside of my arm/elbow - no allergic reaction. The first week was fine. I didn't notice anything besides a bit of itchiness. I sort of thought this was a left over reaction to the original food allergy. It wasn't. The itchiness upon application just seem to get just a bit worse as time went on. It never amounted to a full blown rash/hive but it still slightly itchy through out the day.

This cream is made for dry to very dry sensitive skin. Although this cream didn't dry my skin out, it really didn't do much to moisturize it. I didn't necessarily feel like I had to reapply too often but by the later part of the day my skin was a little on the dry side. So I probably have to apply this cream about 2 to 3 times a day. The good thing about this cream is it's pretty light and really sinks into my skin very easily. Even after reapplying it, it never made my skin greasy or oily. I also noticed that I haven't had any acne breakouts from this product which is awesome.

The Smell: This moisturizer actually has a very strong scent to it that really bothers me. I truly believe that it is the fragrance in this product that is causing my allergy itchies which is really a shame.

I had really high hopes for this Avene product. People swear by this line and it healing properties. Their skin may not be as sensitive as mine. Although this particular product didn't work for me, I really love their Avene Thermal Spring Water spray (see review posted.) I may still give some of their other products a try just because I love the spray so much.

Bottom Line: I had a slight allergic reaction to this product which I believe is do to the strong fragrance factor. Also, I personally do not think that it was all that "moisturizing," especially since it is geared towards very dry sensitive skin. I will be discontinuing my use of this product today due to itchies and whoa! that's a ton of perfume.


No comments:

Post a Comment