Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit and Corrector


Bobbi's secret to the beauty universe. This kit includes Creamy Concealer on top and Sheer Finish Loose Powder on bottom to set concealer for long-lasting wear.

Bobbi Brown Corrector
For very dark circles and extra coverage, Bobbi's secret is her Correctors. Use daily or just when you need extra coverage. Designed to be layered under your yellow-based Creamy Concealer shade, Correctors come in Bisque and Peach shades.
Just this year I have really noticed the dark blue-ish circles under my eyes. I'm an insomniac with allergies and just a number of health issues so I always look tired, but I am now into my late twenties so they are a bit darker than usual. After using this concealer kit, I look like I've had a great nights' sleep and my whole face just seems brighter. I have never had an allergic reaction to this product. I use this everyday, even on my most sensitized days. I just love it!

Bobby Brown truly is an expert at creating natural looking makeup that makes you look like the best version of yourself. Her colors are amazingly natural on me (Asian with olive/yellow undertones) because if its yellow base. The corrector just helps to get rid of the blue undertone in my dark circles and makes my eyes look flawless.

The small pot is chock full of product and will last you well into four to five months. The concealer and corrector are really thick and a very little bit really does go a long way. The Sheer Finish Powder is simply amazing! You can buy it in a full size loose powder in the same yellow based sheer color that comes in the kit. I love using this to even out the color on my lids and even as a subtle high light underneath my brows. It just looks really natural and clean.

So the routine is: Eye Cream, Corrector, Concealer, then a dusting of the Sheer Finish Loose Powder that comes in the lower part of your concealer kit.

I found that this product still settles a little tiny bit as the day goes on. Nothing that a quick touch-up could not fix. I usually just take a clean finger and blend it in a tiny bit and done! It does not get cakey or dry as some other products.
If you get the kit and dust the sheer finish powder on top of it it won't settle in your lines as much, just don't over do it.

I have used MAC which I didn't like at all. It was too thick and just ended up settling into my lines and dry spots. Laura Mercier's concealer was okay as far as coverage and consistency, but the color just did not match my skin tone, so I returned it and went back to BB.

Bottom Line: I love this concealer and have been using it for a couple of years now. Every time I try to venture away from it, I just end up coming right back. I've never had an allergic reaction to it. Looking at the size of this product, you'll think it's too pricey but it really does last a really long time. Best Concealer I've ever used!




2 comments:

  1. Hi ! I found your blog while trying to look up reviews on this product. I've been trying to decide whether or not I should buy this product (it's pretty expensive), my under eyes are EXTREMELY dark.. and I have really really dry skin and eczema like you, but my under eye is flaky cause it's so dry.

    Do you think I should give this product a shot?

    ReplyDelete
  2. which colour of bobbi brown corrector do you use? I'm trying to get an idea of what the colours are like. I wanna buy it online at Sephora cuz I went to the store in Canada and apparently they don't carry it in Sephora Canada anymore. They also told me that US Sephora won't be soontime too.

    ReplyDelete